Teaching Assistant-General (Special School) - Greenhall Nursery
Teaching Assistant – permanent
Greenhall Nursery is a special Nursery school for children with needs in the prime areas of learning (communication and language, physical development and Personal, Social and Emotional Development). We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (CRB), satisfactory references and medical clearance.
An opportunity has arisen at Greenhall for an enthusiastic, hardworking and child-centred individual, with a full and relevant early years qualification, to join our successful team as teaching assistant.
We currently have three class groups and provision is tailored to meet the individual children’s needs. The role includes working with all abilities and will involve supporting children with their personal care needs, behavioural support and medical interventions.
We would like you to be:
- Ambitious, motivated and inclusive to support, and extend the learning opportunities for all our children under the direction of senior staff.
- Be an excellent team player who has high expectations of themselves and others and is passionate about encouraging and stimulating children to achieve success.
We would like you to have:
- A sound understanding of the EYFS and child development
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Good communication skills
- An understanding about emotional regulation/emotion coaching and be able to manage anxieties and recognise emotions
- An understanding of sensory and attachment needs
- Knowledge of speech and language development
- An ability to encourage and build independence and social skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic play techniques
- Firm boundaries and clear expectations for behaviour in line with school policy
- Understanding of managing consistent routines through an individual, tailored timetable and supporting transition times
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
We can offer:
- Wonderful engaging children who love learning
- A supportive and collaborative team where everyone feels valued and team members are encouraged to contribute.
- A well-resourced learning environment
Hours of work are 8.30am until 3.30pm, Monday to Friday. 32.5 hours per week (Term time only).
Salary Range: FTE £19,698 (Pro Rata £16,943)
Closing date: 9am on Monday 6th December 2021
If you have any further queries, please contact Joanne di Castiglione or Sue Jones on 01785 246159 or email email@example.com