As part of the team, supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of children and provide appropriate care at meal times and during Lunch Club play, under the direction of the Lead Teacher.
Contribute to our school’s statutory duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
8.75 Hours per Week
Fixed term contract end date: 21/07/2022
- Prepare/clean tables for lunch
- Clear away/clean after lunch, including cleaning furniture, floors etc.
- Supervise toileting and washroom activity
- Assist children with their food where necessary and encourage good table manners
- Set up play area with toys, etc. and clear away
- Ensure that resources/materials/equipment are maintained and clean, reporting loss/damage or low stock to Lead Teacher
- Assist with supervising children during Lunch Club play
- Work within the Children’s Act, adhering to standards and guidelines
- Have a basic understanding of working with and caring for younger children
- Basic numeracy and literacy; be able to read, write, count, understand school policies and check registers
- Have good communication, listening and persuasion skills
- Be aware of cultural differences re: food
- Able to participate in safe and creative play
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young children
- Value and respect the views and needs of children
- Be willing to undertake Safeguarding training and Level 2 Food Hygiene
Hours worked: 11.30am to 12.45pm daily
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please apply using the attached WCC application form and sending it to email@example.com.
For further information please contact Emma Fleming, Office Manager on 01926 335312 or by emailing the School Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
CV's will not be accepted, an application form must be completed.
Closing date: 10/12/2021
Interview date: 14/12/2021
Whitnash Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.