Apprentice Opportunity Early Years Practitioner Level 2, Ref TV56521
Radleys Primary School
Apprentice Opportunity Early Years Practitioner Level 2, Ref: TV56521
We are currently seeking a Level 2 apprentice to train as an Early Years Practitioner in our EYFS classes.
This post will be 25 hours per week, working Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 training days, from 11.30am – 4.30pm each day. The apprenticeship period will be for 18- 24 months.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Be fully supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school;
- Be willing to learn;
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance;
- Give attention to detail;
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed;
- Hold yourself to high personal standards;
- Support the Class Teacher
- Set and clean-up of activities during the day
- Support children with tasks such as reading and counting etc.
- Engage and interact with children in structured adult-led play and activities
- Be energetic, fair and positive
- Help manage children’s behaviour effectively
- Work effectively as part of a team, under the guidance of the Class Teacher
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds;
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information;
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills.
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 per hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices will be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 per hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 per hour for 21-24 year olds and £8.91 per hour for anyone aged 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that forms part of their apprenticeship.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to reference checks an enhanced DBS.
How to apply:
For further information, contact Mrs Bucknall firstname.lastname@example.org. As visits to the school are currently not possible, we ask that you take a look at our website https://www.radleys.walsall.sch.uk/
Closing date: Friday 3rd December 2021 3pm
Interview date: TBC