Corporate GIS and Systems Officer
Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, a great wealth of history and a fantastic environment, making it somewhere to be proud of.
Everyone associated with Worcester City Council is proud of Worcester’s offer of a high quality of life, varied heritage, award winning parks and our contribution to the development of modern local government.
It is a fantastic place to work and you will find us to be an organisation that is challenging yet caring; with our leadership adventurous in its pursuit of excellence.
At Worcester City Council, we have a work-family culture and we are proud to support and value the combination of employees’ work and family lives.
We have a clear vision to achieve excellence in everything we do and to achieve excellence in everyone we employee, meaning we are looking for an excellent candidate to come and join our work family.
This vital role will be central to maximising the use of common systems across our organisation to drive efficiency and improve services for our customers.
You will have the skills to help us optimise our use of GIS systems, and to maintain current systems and data quality, whilst also working with corporate and service teams to transform service delivery. If you have the skills and drive to play a key role in a rapidly changing and improving organisation then this role is for you.
You will have:
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of GIS
- Extensive knowledge of GIS software packages (preferably QGIS)
- Experience of spatial data management, manipulation, analysis and presentation
- Familiarity with spatial databases and their operation
- Familiarity with Ordnance Survey mapping products and data licencing
- Experience of working with business applications that integrate with GIS
- A good working knowledge of LLPG
- The ability to translate client requirements into working solutions
- The Ability to deliver a strong customer-focused service
- Education to at least degree level in Geography, GIS or equivalent, or proven experience.
The following skills and experience are also desirable:
- Experience with QGIS
- Familiarity with PostGIS
- Experience with FME
- Experience with StatMap for LLPG and SNN
- Understanding of the Street Naming & Numbering (SNN) function
- Local government or at least public sector experience.
The role is 37 hours per week. We operate a flexi time system, and you will be expected to work both from home and in a city centre workplace, with the majority of your hours in the office. Core hours are 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Contact: Rob Byrne on 01905 722409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31 December 2021
Interview date: TBA