Social Care Team Manager
Grade 9 / £51,901 - £54,934
1 Full time position
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in social work at City of Wolverhampton Council. As an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated service, we are committed to providing the best care and support to our children and families and our employees. We take pride in our work and offer our employees excellent training, progression pathways, all with a highly competitive salary.
This post is open to both internal and external applicants.
As a forward-thinking and transformational council, we have created this fantastic opportunity for you to be part of the ongoing development of a specialist multiagency and multidisciplinary team which primarily works with young people aged 11 to 25 years old to support them to exert more positive control over their lives, and to live safely as they progress into adulthood. This co-located team works with young people and young adults across the different levels of need/support and includes a range of professionals including Senior Social Workers, Social Workers, Psychologists, Therapists, Speech & Language Therapist, a Social Care Worker, a Substance Misuse Worker, and keyworkers seconded from a range of voluntary sector organisations. Underpinning this team is an understanding of attachment and developmental trauma to create a multi-sensory response in our work with young adults, young people and families based on relational best practice.
The post holder will:
- Be a qualified social worker, with practice and managerial experience of working with young people and adolescents at risk
- Show an understanding and commitment to the creative development of trauma informed practice and act as a champion within the service for restorative/relational best practice
- Demonstrate leadership skills and have a proven track record of motivating and building highly effective teams, achieving best outcomes
- Co-ordinate the team, directly supervise the social workers; keyworkers with matrix management of supervision of staff from other disciplines
- Ensure the provision of a high quality and effective social work service to meet the needs of children and their families, safeguarding children in a timely manner within statutory guidelines.
- Represent the service within multi-agency forums and to contribute to the development of policy and practice in Children’s Services across the city.
- Ensure this social work service is fully integrated within the wider Children's Services in order to promote positive outcomes for children and their families.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
As part of the interview process, candidates will be required to undertake:
o A written exercise
o A panel interview
Formal panel interviews will be held w/c 14 February 2022
For further information on this post please contact either:
Hannah Bates on 07771836449 or email Hannah.Bates@wolverhampton.gov.uk
For information on working in Social Care for City of Wolverhampton Council please go to:
You will be notified on the outcome of your application form as soon as possible after the closing date.
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Closing Date: 10 January 2022
Job Description and Personal Specification