Alexandra Juniors - Teaching assistant
1 day left
The New Guild Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, ambitious and energetic Teaching Assistant to join our committed team from February, 2022 . The role will be based at Alexandra Junior School.
30 Hours a week - Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
The appointed candidate will have:
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of primary pedagogy and development.
• Supporting and positively impacting on children’s learning in a school under the direction of the class teacher with individuals and groups of children within the whole class.
• Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice.
• Produce and maintain effective records of progress for children’s achievement.
• Confident in a range of strategies to ensure accelerated progress for designated children.
• Good understanding and modelling high expectations of core areas of learning in literacy, numeracy and science.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people.
• Work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
• Effective use of ICT to support learning.
• The successful candidate will have a secure knowledge of phonics to support our pupils learning needs.
Have you got the necessary skills needed to help to lead a friendly, supportive, dedicated and hard-working staff?
Are you an outstanding, highly motivated person with a proven track record of making a difference in a teaching support role?
If you are that person, Alexandra Juniors may well be the school for you!
Please call the school office for an application pack, or download a copy from our school website. Following successful shortlisting,
Dr Ralf Muller, our headteacher, and the children, would be proud to show you around.
Closing date: 19/01/2022
Start date: Feb 2022
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide