Deputy Head Teacher - Burman Infant School (INFORMATION ONLY UNTIL JAN 2022)
£46566.00 - £51402.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
32.5 Hours per Week
ADVERT FOR INFORMATION ONLY UNTIL JANUARY 2022
BURMAN INFANT SCHOOL
Deputy Head Teacher
Leadership Pay Scale L5 – L9
(£46,566 - £51,402)
Required from: Summer Term 2022 or Autumn Term 2022
Contract type: Full Time Contract term: Permanent
The Children, Staff and Governing Body wish to appoint a dynamic, inspirational and talented leader to become the next Deputy Headteacher of Burman Infant School; someone who is able to demonstrate their commitment to our children, their education and their future through their enthusiasm and motivation and by acting as a positive role model in our community.
It is anticipated that the Deputy Head teacher will take on the role of Curriculum Lead, with a specific responsibility for the curriculum area of English. Other management roles and responsibilities will include assessment and the continued improvement/development of our school. The role will also include a regular teaching commitment.
We are a very happy, positive and popular infant school, situated just outside the centre of Shirley in Solihull. Burman Infant School enjoys close partnerships with parents, neighbouring schools and the wider community and holds the children at the heart of all we do. Our aim is ‘to provide an exciting, broad range of experiences and opportunities to equip all of our children with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to prepare them for their future lives’.
We are looking for an individual who will be an ambassador for our School and everything we strive for at Burman, focusing on providing the very best for our Children. If you are a current or aspiring senior leader with the passion and skills to take an active role in our school’s continuing success and would like to be part of our amazing team, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding teacher with a passion for curriculum development.
• Is committed to helping every child to reach their potential.
• Is an enthusiastic leader with a record of success in middle or senior management.
• Has the ability to motivate, encourage and support others in the raising of standards and when implementing new initiatives.
• Believes in our culture and ethos and shares the same aspirations for all aspects of our School while working in partnership with all Staff, our Children, Parents / Carers and Governors.
• Is committed to ensuring the well-being of our Staff and Children.
• Has the highest expectations of themselves, colleagues and children.
Our Children and our Staff would like a Deputy Headteacher who:
• Is always approachable and supportive.
• Has excellent listening and communication skills.
• Is kind, friendly and funny.
• Helps to lead forward planning in our School.
• Understands the value of a work / life balance.
• Is someone of true integrity.
We will offer you:
• Children with excellent behaviour and enthusiastic attitudes to learning which lead them to achieve well
• Experienced staff who are dedicated, work hard and pride themselves as a team
• Governors who are committed to supporting and developing the School
• A welcoming, warm and happy working environment
• An extremely supportive school community
• The opportunity to build upon our successes and continuous improvements – the chance to make a real difference to the future of our School and Children
• Support for your continued professional development and well-being
• Dedicated leadership and management time
We would ideally consider applicants who are able to start in post from the Summer Term (week commencing 25th April 2022) however, we would also consider applications from candidates who would start in post from 1st September 2022.
Visits to the school are encouraged and most welcomed, between Wednesday 5th to Wednesday 19th January, through prior arrangement with Kay Halsey – Office Manager email@example.com or telephone 0121 744 1843 during school hours.
Application packs will be available from 4th January 2022. If you would like an application pack please email Kay Halsey – Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our School Office on 0121 744 1843.
All applications need to be returned to the school, via email to: S7khalsey@burman.solihull.sch.uk
Closing date for completed applications is: 24th January 2022 @ 12:00 noon
Shortlisting will take place on: 26th and 27th January 2022
Observations of candidates within their current setting will take place during: w/b 7th February 2022
Interviews will take place on the 17th February 2022
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions in this school will be subject to pre-employment checks. References will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.