Sutton School has a dedicated leadership team that is motivated by the willingness of our pupils. Our staff demonstrate a deep understanding of the importance of building relationships with our pupils. Through the robust and enriched continuing development programme, staff understand the various needs and abilities of their pupils. Staff use this knowledge to provide stimulating lessons for the pupils. Faculty leaders are key, ensuring that their curriculum areas are suitable for the diverse, and changing pupil population (OfSTED 2018).
We are looking for more than a Headteacher, more than an outstanding leader; we are looking for an inspirational and multi-talented professional who is dedicated to making a lasting and positive difference to the lives of our pupils and their families. You will have great leadership and communication skills, a deep understanding of SEND curriculum and education, be enthusiastic, inspirational and empathic, have resilience, vision and a commitment to the whole school community.
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors, pupils, families and staff are looking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher to join this highly successful special school, to lead us in the future.
Sutton School has been judged by Ofsted as good on three consecutive occasions and we are known for our innovative approach to the curriculum, education and the way it supports pupils of all abilities and importantly, their families. Sutton School is a, thriving, vibrant and happy place of learning. We have 186 pupils on role, aged from 11 to 16, who have learning difficulties (MLD, SLCN, SEMH, SLD). Some pupils have additional needs such as VI, HI, PD. We provide a personalised education and learning journey for all our pupils where entitlement, opportunity and challenge are championed. We value and embrace everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence, in all aspects of our work. Our staff, children and families are at the heart of school.
The successful candidate will;
- have a demonstrable track record of inspirational leadership in raising standards and improving school effectiveness;
- have the proven ability to challenge, empower and nurture staff and pupils to ensure that the school remains an advocate of teaching, learning and excellence;
- have vision and strategic thinking, the ability, creativity, energy and ambition to plan and lead constructive change, whilst retaining all that is good about Sutton school;
- be an effective communicator with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating pupils, staff, parents/carers, governors, our neighbouring schools and the wider community;
- have an understanding of governance structures, national education strategies and recent and pending changes in education;
- have in-depth knowledge of SEN, including the latest developments in education.
The Sutton School offers;
- an exciting and challenging role for an aspirational and outstanding leader;
- a supportive whole staff team and governing body;
- a fantastic pupil population with supportive parents and families;
- a competitive salary;
- a relocation and benefits package at the discretion of the Governors
Rated as good by Ofsted consistently since 2008, Sutton School offers an individual education that meets every child’s needs. The current Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team are supported by dedicated staff that include highly effective middle leaders, Teachers and Assistants; knowledgeable administrative staff, an efficient premises team and a committed network of Governors.
Professional growth and career development for all, are integral to our vision and values; we hold Investors in both Families and People. Diversity is a real strength and the new Headteacher will support an open and inclusive ethos and have a real understanding of the challenges many of our families’ face.
Closing Date: 23:59 Sunday 16th January 2022
Interviews: 10th and 11th February 2022
We welcome and highly recommend visits to the School – please contact Derek Tinsley Chair of Governors on 07851 384176.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy. Online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/