SENDCO Assistant - Stivichall Primary School
Required from January 2022
Grade 4 (£19, 698 - £23, 080)
Full time (4 days a week may be considered)
‘Learning at Stivichall is a passport for life’
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced SEND practitioner to join our exceptional school in the new role of SENDCO Assistant working alongside our SENDCO/ Inclusion lead. You may be an Early Years leader and SENDCO or a HLTA or a teacher who wants to take on an alternative role.
Stivichall Primary School is a larger school with over 525 pupils rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2021. Much of the provision is outstanding as reflected in stakeholder feedback. We are a forward thinking and innovative school with a well-designed, ambitious and exciting curriculum. We pride ourselves on providing memorable learning experiences that enable our pupils to excel as captured in our wonderful learning pledge. Our values and inclusive ethos are embedded in all aspects of school life.
The Governors, staff and pupils are looking for a highly motivate and skilled educational practitioner with a strong interest in SEND provision.
We are looking for someone who:
- is committed to, passionate about learning and an inspirational practitioner
- is fully aligned to the Stivichall values and ethos
- has a warm and friendly personality
- has excellent English and Maths skills and may have experience in developing and delivering SEND provision including EHCPs
- nurtures, inspires and raises aspirations of all children, understanding how they learn best and giving them the feedback and provision that enables them to succeed
- achieves highly effective partnerships with staff, pupils, parents, governors and the community
- demonstrates professionalism at all times and is able to retain positivity and remain calm under pressure
- is committed to their own professional development and is ready for an exciting new challenge
We can offer you:
- a caring, welcoming school that values the well being of our children, staff and community
- a Headteacher and senior team with an inspiring vision and energy whose strong leadership ensures measurable impact on the school
- delightful, happy children who are eager to learn and embrace challenges
- a friendly, supportive, motivated and dedicated staff team
- challenge and support from a dedicated governing body who are committed to continuing professional development
- a wonderful school environment including phenomenal grounds and close proximity to the War Memorial Park
- a very good school on the journey to outstanding
- a school where everyone can thrive and grow
Opportunities to visit the school can be arranged.
Ring school or email Rachel Paton email@example.com
For further information about our school please visit www.stivichallprimary.org.
Stivichall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Thursday 20th January at 10am
Shortlisting Thursday 20th January 2021
Interviews w/c 24th January 2021
Visits to the school are available by arrangement on Wednesday 9th December at 3.30pm
Applications packs are available to download below. Application forms are returnable direct to the school by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.