Benefits Shared Service Manager
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council are currently recruiting for a Benefits Shared Service Manager to join our dedicated team, undertaking a crucial role to ensure the effective administration of the Benefits Service in dealing with Benefit Payments and Appeals, Discretionary and Council Tax Support Payments, Quality Control and Subsidy, ensuring the team achieves excellence in providing the administration of all its services, in accordance with legislation and policies.
You will lead and manage the Benefits Shared Service of Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council and North Warwickshire Borough Council, working collaboratively to ensure excellence in the service, and formulate and maintain policy and strategy for the Benefits Shared Service in line with local and national policies and priorities.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• Recent and relevant experience of managing working in a Housing Benefits environment, including dealing with/interviewing the public both by telephone and in person.
• Recent and relevant experience of managing and supervising a multi-disciplinary team.
• Recent extensive working knowledge of Housing and Council Tax Benefit legislation.
• Experience of completing Subsidy returns
• Good working knowledge of using of computerised systems, including Housing Benefit applications, and Microsoft packages, specifically Word and Excel.
• NVQ Level 5 standard on the National Qualifications Framework i.e., foundation degree or diploma in relevant Benefits based subject.
• Knowledge and ability of working to performance related targets.
You must be able to work flexibly across the shared service sites and manage large projects across the service
Please show within your CV and covering letter how your skills, experience and knowledge corresponds with those competencies highlighted in red within the attached JD/PS.
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
For further information about the role, please contact Rachael Dobson - Head of Revenues and Benefits - Shared service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to take place 28/01/2022