Learning Support Practitioner, Level 3 (1:1 Support), Sacred Heart Primary
Sacred Heart Primary School is a two form-entry primary school in Tipton for children from 3 to 11 years of age.
Our vision is to develop young people who will have active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs. We stress the total development of each child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional, cultural and physical. We are a richly diverse community, and pride ourselves on our highly inclusive practice, endorsed by achieving the Sandwell Inclusion Quality Mark for the second time at the highest level (Enhanced level).
The Governors at Sacred Heart Primary School are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting learning & development throughout the school. We are looking for the successful candidate to:
- Have proven effective classroom practice throughout Primary School children.
- Be a professional who enjoys motivating and exciting children about learning.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience with working with children who have Autism, ADHD, and Global Development Delay.
- Have experience with SEN pupils.
- Have experience of working with challenging behaviour.
- Have a calm, nurturing approach when dealing with behaviour management.
- Preferably, to have experience in delivering early phonics or language programmes.
- Have good working practice of parental engagement.
- Austism experience
- Speech and Language experience
- Working 1:1
- Good behaviour management
- Experience in using PECS, Makaton and with challenging behaviour.
The school will break up for the Christmas holidays on Friday 17 December 2021 and will reopen on Wednesday 5 January 2022. Due to the current circumstances, we are unsure at this time whether we will be able to accommodate visits to the school. Please contact the school office on 0121 557 1511 when we return in the New Year.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake all relevant safeguarding checks and an enhanced DBS check.
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
Successful applicants will be contacted with an interview date. If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox incase any correspondence has been delivered there.
Hours: 32.5 hrs per week, Term Time plus 5 training days
Grade: Band D, SCP 9-17 (£20,903 - £24,491 p.a. - Actual Salary £16,312 - £19,609 p.a.
Location: Sacred Heart Primary, Sedgley Road East Tipton DY4 8UH
Closing Date: Friday 28 January 2022