37.0 Hours per Week
We are looking to appoint a Personal Advisor who is enthusiastic and passionate about changing the lives of young people (16 – 25 years old) who have been in the care of the Local Authority.
Solihull's child asylum & 16+ team provides social care support to young people who are in the care of the local authority and helps them to prepare for the move to independence.
Based at Chelmunds Cross in Chelmsley wood, we work with both local young people and those young people who are unaccompanied and seeking asylum. This post has been created in response to our on-going commitment to support young people up to their 25th birthday.
As a Personal Advisor in Solihull, you will be working directly with young people and helping them to develop the life skills and confidence to live a full and active life and help them to reach their full potential.
We are committed to supporting young people and welcome applicants who understand and act as a good corporate parent.
You will also have:
- A child care related qualification NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of relevant childcare legislation and immigration guidance and practice.
- Knowledge of how to promote Safeguarding for Young People
- Experience of working with young people and their families in a social care, educational or voluntary setting.
- Excellent communication skills and
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages.
In return you will have the opportunity to have a positive impact in shaping the lives of young people whilst working within a committed, supportive team with a manageable caseload.
We also offer:
- Training and development opportunities
- A range of flexible working options.
- Annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year.
- A generous flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
- Family and carer friendly policies.
- Employee benefits including staff discounts and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
Whilst this post is offered on a full time basis, applications for part time working would be considered.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Laura Freeman, Team Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, 26th January 2021 via a video conferencing platform.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults & Childrens .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification