Early Years Assistant
Early Years Assistant
The Academy Committee of St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy wish to appoint an Early Years Assistant for 25hrs per week.
The successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Catholic education.
- Under the direction and supervision of the teacher assist in the delivery of activities enhancing children’s social and educational development.
- Assist in setting up and clearing away of displays and activities, including ensuring the materials and equipment are safe and clean.
- Attend to children’s personal needs including assisting children at meal time.
- Exchange information with parents/carers.
- Assist other staff with the assessment procedures to ensure children’s progress is satisfactory.
- Update children’s records.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Have high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- Relevant qualifications/experience or training ( GCSE Maths and English)
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
The successful candidates are assured that:
- The school provides a happy, welcoming environment in which pupils are valued.
- High quality support, induction and mentoring
- Delightful pupils
- Enthusiastic staff who enjoy working as a team
For further details of this post, please contact Mrs. Lavelle, Academy Manager
Application forms are available via the school office
Closing date for applications 17th January 2022 midday
Short listing: TBC
St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau. To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
Please contact Mrs. Denise Lavelle, Academy Manager for an application form at email@example.com or call 01782 235676.
St Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy,
Stoke on Trent,