Social Worker - Children's Disability Team
Due to promotion two exciting vacancies are now immediately available in the Children's Disability Team.
The Team has 4 full-time and 2 part-time Social Workers reporting to the Team Manager and they undertake work with Children in Need, Children on Child Protection Plans, Looked after Children, and are also involved in PLO and Court Work. The Team also support children with complex needs, whose family receive direct payments and short breaks, and are involved with Education Health and Social Care Plans with colleagues in Education & Heath.
- Be able to demonstrate significant experience of working with children with a disability and their families.
- Experience of working with children with severe disabilities, and also those who may be life limited.
- Experience of including carer’s needs and assessment within the domains of the CYPA.
- To be aware of the research findings that children with a disability are twice as likely to be abused, whether within family contexts or the community.
- To be aware of the SEND Code of Practice 2014 indicating that where possible the wishes of families, children and young people should be met if at all possible.
- Is aware of the SEND Guidance and Legislation around disabilities, and carers legislation.
- Experience or knowledge of EHC Plans and their significance.
- Knowledge or experience of ways of communicating with and gaining wishes and feelings of children with disabilities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please contact Gurinder Rayat, Team Manager on 01384 815840 or via email Gurinder.Rayat@dudley.gov.uk
For further information on Dudley Children's Social Care please go to http://www.childrenservicesjobs-dudley.org.uk/
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy. If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the HR Resourcing Team on 01384 811300 (option 2 for Directorates, followed by option 1 for Resourcing) or via e-mail to: HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk. Online facilities to apply for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Job description & person specification