Pastoral Support Team Members - Whitley Academy
37 hours per week, term time only, plus one week
Based at Whitley Academy, Abbey Road, Coventry CV3 4BD
Finham Park Multi Academy Trust is a growing organisation, which is currently made up of 7 schools across Coventry and Warwickshire of which Whitley Academy is the most recently affiliated. The Primary and Secondary schools in Finham Park MAT will set out to pioneer, innovate and deliver a “World Class” education for all.
At Whitley Academy we aim to build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. We are committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
A number of opportunities are now available within our Pastoral Support Team, both as team members and team leaders. These members of staff are a key part of our provision to support young people in school. The roles provide an opportunity to work closely with a range of students and abilities, from 1:1 and small group work to classroom management and work with families and external agencies. We are looking for motivated and flexible candidates with a range of interests. Whether you have a passion for EAL or SEND, are driven by a desire to improve school attendance for all or your focus is inclusion, then we could have a role for you. You will have extensive training and the opportunity to specialise in particular areas relating to the support of vulnerable children.
We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds, from people with a variety of skills and as such, the post would equally suit someone with experience of working with young people or a graduate, without previous experience, looking for a role in education and potentially a route into teaching.
The successful candidates must be:
- Committed to making a positive difference to the lives of students and staff.
- Resilient with a strong personal drive.
- Passionate about securing the most productive learning opportunities for those in school, through effective data management.
- Values driven, to “be the best you can be”.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed.
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations and aspirations for all of our students.
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace.
- Lots of development opportunities and opportunities to collaborate with teachers and support staff from the other schools in the MAT to develop and share best practice.
- A vibrant, modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
If you are dynamic, enjoy a challenge, a committed team player and possess excellent communication skills, then we want to hear from you!
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
HR Department, Finham Park Multi Academy Trust, Torrington Avenue, Coventry CV4 9WT
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Closing date: Monday 17th January 2022 at 9:00am
Interview date: TBA
Whitley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.