Salary L15 – L19
Start date April 2022
An opportunity has arisen for the appointment of a Deputy Headteacher. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed.
Thomas Alleyne’s High School is a 13 – 18 school at the heart of its community, which provides a broad and balanced curriculum for students. We are committed to ensuring that every child has access to an outstanding education. Our successful track record of ensuring students make excellent progress has ensured improved outcomes for young people. We are passionate about staff development and are looking to develop future leaders.
On appointment the job description and tasks will be reviewed to reflect the successful candidate’s strengths, and school priorities as defined in the School Improvement Plan.
Primary Purpose of the role
- To implement the vision, exceptional and outstanding leadership and management for Thomas Alleyne’s High School
- In the absence of the Executive Headteacher so take delegated responsibility for the leadership, internal organisation, management and control of the school, as delegated by the Executive Headteacher, and consult appropriately in so doing
- To build a collaborative learning culture within the school to ensure that every child reaches their full potential in all areas of their development
- To work with the necessary ability, vision, energy and enthusiasm, and as a skilled negotiator, with all, putting the needs of the children first
- To respond dynamically as appropriate to key national policies and initiatives
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom the Trust is responsible and those with whom they come into contact
- To carry out duties under the direction of the Executive Headteacher in relation to the leadership and management of Thomas Alleyne’s High School. Manage the day to day running of the school in line with the vision of the Trust.
Uttoxeter Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form. All staff are also required to complete safeguarding training.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact Julie Rudge at email@example.com
Closing Date: 9.00am on Tuesday 18th January 2022
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 26th January 2022
For more information see attached documents or
Visit our website:
or gov.uk teaching Vacancies or The TES,
For an information pack click the link below: