Customer and System Support Advisor
Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, a great wealth of history and a fantastic environment, making it somewhere to be proud of.
Everyone associated with Worcester City Council is proud of Worcester’s offer of a high quality of life, varied heritage, award winning parks and our contribution to the development of modern local government.
It is a fantastic place to work and you will find us to be an organisation that is challenging yet caring; with our leadership adventurous in its pursuit of excellence.
At Worcester City Council, we have a work-family culture and we are proud to support and value the combination of employees’ work and family lives.
We have a clear vision to achieve excellence in everything we do and to achieve excellence in everyone we employ, meaning we are looking for an excellent candidate to come and join our work family!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and flexible individual to join the Customer and System Support Team (Housing). The team provides customer service and administrative support across the Strategic Housing Team.
You will be working in a busy frontline housing service where no two days will be the same. Working on a rota basis, you will be the first point of contact for customers at the Council’s Housing Advice Centre in Trinity Street, as well responding to phone and email enquiries relating to homelessness, private sector housing, housing benefit, council tax support, temporary accommodation and Housing for You.
You will also provide administrative support for the Strategic Housing Team, including raising purchase orders and processing invoices for payment.
The key requirements of the role are:
- Experience of working in a housing environment
- Experience of dealing with customer enquiries
- Experience of keeping accurate records
- Experience of financial processes
- A willingness to learn and develop new knowledge and skills
The successful candidate will need to be/have;
- A strong team player
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible to respond to the changing needs of the service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a friendly, non-judgemental, sensitive and customer-oriented approach
- Excellent organisational, administrative, prioritisation and time management skills
- A proactive and motivated attitude