Children’s Service Manager - MASH & Exploitation
Sandwell Children’s Trust is seeking to recruit to the Service Manager role for MASH and Exploitation; to join our newly realigned Operations Service. Based in a locality model with a focus on good quality assessments and dynamic planning which deliver timely evidence-based interventions and the progress pre-proceedings/ care proceedings through to permanency planning, this service will strengthen partnership working with families in local communities.
Each locality will have a Head of Service with a strategic lead that will be supported by the Service Manager the strategic leads include, Assessment and Exploitation / legal proceedings and Permanence/ Children with Disabilities and the SEND agenda.
Permanent - 37 hours
The Service Manager will be responsible for delivering excellent quality services to children and families by enabling the continued swift and appropriate responses in MASH to ensure the right service is delivered to children at the right time. Partnership working, relationship building and co-working with our stakeholders is key to being effective in this area.
The Service Manager will have responsibility for continuing to embed our contextual safeguarding strategy alongside the Head of Service and will directly oversee the Horizons Service, which is a co-working model of an exploitation team which prides itself on relationship-based practice, not only with families but with peers, enabling a greater shared understanding of responding appropriately to children who are at risk of or already are being exploited. This team was created alongside our exploited children in Sandwell and was also named by them.
As a Service Manager you will: -
- Provide supervision, leadership and management to Team Managers in the locality
- Monitor performance and implementation of the practice framework to promote the highest levels of practice in the locality and across the wider Trust
- Be part of the leadership and management structure
- Be responsible for facilitating multi-agency working and developing collaborative relationships with partners to ensure that children and young people are supported and safeguarded
- Ensure that assessments, statements and the formulation of plans placed before the court are robust, holistic and child centred
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
- Drive forward the key priorities, ethos and values of the Trust.
About you: -
- A qualified Social Worker with significant experience in one of the above areas of Children’s social care
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage with children, their families and relevant stakeholders
- Ability to write reports for a range of audiences and be able to verbally present these with confidence
- Good understanding of performance management and a commitment to providing a high-quality service to children, their families and carers
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you.
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved.
Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career.
Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment.
Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell.
We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. This has manifested itself in the ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’. It’s a dynamic strategy, with a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts.
We’re passionate about improving the lives and outcomes of children, young people and families through robust multi-agency interventions. In addition to excellent career progression opportunities, with a clear and supported development path, we also offer agile working, with flexible and family friendly policies, that have a work/life balance at their core, plus lots, lots more…as you can see below.
So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 16th January 2022
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.