Project Manager (Property & Maintenance)
4 days left
37.0 Hours per Week
Are you a Project Manager looking for your next opportunity?
Solihull Council’s hugely successful Property Services Team have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join its dedicated team to help lead, manage and deliver a wide-range of construction, mechanical and electrical projects and programmes of work.
As Project Manager, your focus will mainly be leading on all Mechanical and Electrical projects, although you will be expected to deliver building projects as well. Working alongside our partners you will be involved at every stage from inception through to completion, ensuring successful delivery of projects, that are on time, to the highest standard and within budget.
As the ideal candidate you will have a minimum of a Higher National Certificate in a mechanical and electrical or building discipline including experience in a similar role. You will be able to bring your expertise in, and be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to, contract management. You will be an effective communicator and customer focused, able to develop and maintain relationships with our customers and partners to support our business ambitions and generate income.
In return you will benefit from
- Flexible working options, including hybrid working arrangements with a mixture of working from home and in the office
- Annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year.
- A generous flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
- Supported personal and job-related learning and development
- Family and carer friendly policies.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Alison Clarke, Project Manager, on 07884 117 045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Date: Wednesday, 9th February 2022 by video conferencing platform.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Not Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced no barred list check .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification