The Insight Team's role is to question, influence and provide understanding to make life better in Coventry.
The Insight Team collects, analyses, interprets and publishes a wide range of insights about the city, and engages with residents, communities and partners to champion a culture of evidence-based decision-making across Coventry.
Activities undertaken by the Insight team include:
- Business intelligence
- Customer and location intelligence
- Engagement and consultation support
- Evaluative research
- Performance management
- Partnership working
- Providing advice and guidance on equalities and diversity issues and ensuring the Council discharges its Public Sector Equality Duty
Areas of work supported by the Insight team include:
- Children's services
- Compliments, comments and complaints
- Customer services
- Geographical information systems
- Growth and prosperity
- Housing and homelessness
- Local land and property gazetteer
- Population health management
- Social care
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
We are looking for a temporary Analyst for a period of 6 months to support the Coventry Family Valued Programme within Children’s Services. The service has secured a grant from the Government’s Strengthening Families, Protecting Children Programme – a relationship-based method in working with Children and Families. You will work within the Insight (Social Care) team and your focus will be to support and develop key performance indicators for the programme. The Insight (Social Care) team is a very busy, innovative, forward thinking team. We are working together with Children’s Services to bring about positive change in the lives of children in the city.
Your role will be to
- Extract data from the client-based recording system and build reports to measure performance indicators to measure the success of the Family Valued programme
- Working together with Children’s Services to understand the requirements of the indicators, trends, service needs and opportunities
- Deliver insight, analysis and intelligence to drive change, ensuring that this is supported by robust quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Use software applications such as Microsoft Excel, SQL, SSRS and PowerBI to analyse, interpret and present a range of complex information in a creative, interesting and stimulating way to engage services, partnership/project boards and key decision makers and make information accessible to the public.
- Utilise techniques in statistical analysis and modelling methodologies
- Develop timely, robust and relevant understanding of key issues, providing interpretation on the strength of existing evidence
Who are we looking for?
The Insight Team champions a culture of better decisions through evidence and engagement across the city and the Council. We utilise our unique position of having oversight of the interdependencies and impact of multiple changes to influence important decisions for the city and its citizens.
You’ll have excellent analytical and numeracy skills and the ability to write clearly and communicate complex data to different audiences using a variety of techniques.
You’ll also be an excellent communicator, able to explain and present complex data to a wide range of audiences, working together with the service area and partner organisations to promote a performance and data culture including self- service usage of dashboards, as well as having excellent team working skills.
You will have a proven ability to manage various projects at the same time, working with others to achieve successful outcomes, with high levels of expectation to deliver to tight timescales.
When applying for this role you will be asked to write a personal statement, please include the following information in your statement:
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of quantitative research methods and data analysis;
- Your excellent ICT Skills to extract, report and present data
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): 25/01/2022Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
For full details on the application process please read the attached document labelled Coventry CC Application process.