6 days left
We are an ambitious multi-academy trust of three primary schools situated in close geographical proximity in south Warwickshire, serving aspirant communities of learners.
We have a track record of excellence and a strong reputation for sustainable school improvement.
Shipston Primary, part of The Stour Federation with Acorns Primary School in Long Compton and Brailes C of E Primary School, is looking for an outstanding caretaker for our wonderful school grounds and buildings.
We would be keen to hear about your experience and what you can offer.
HOURS OF WORK - 6.30am - 9.30am and 2.30pm - 6.30pm Monday - Friday during term time plus flexible working during school holidays. 20 days holiday per year (to be taken in school holidays) plus bank
35.0 Hours per Week
• Routine and non-routine opening and closing and security of premises and grounds.
• Act as a key holder and deal with minor security/safety issues, and respond appropriately to the alarm company, police call-outs and other emergencies outside normal working hours.
• Provision of access to the building and grounds to authorised persons at all reasonable times.
• Maintaining constant awareness of the physical condition of the building, furniture and equipment and taking appropriate steps to ensure maintenance and repairs when
• Carrying out maintenance and repairs to the building, furniture and equipment within the scope of a competent handy person.
• Operation of the heating and lighting systems; monitoring usage and promoting energy conversation in the school.
• Porterage duties as required and particularly the laying out of the furniture and other
equipment for timetabled activities without direct instruction.
• Miscellaneous duties of a practical nature as circumstances demand, or at the reasonable request of the Office Manager.
• Monitor stock levels and inform the Office Manager of requirements.
• Have knowledge and awareness of health and safety practices and policies, have an
understanding of COSHH regulations, maintaining records where required.
• Maintaining regular contact with the staff of the school.
• Carry out cleaning work as allocated.
• Carrying out normal supervisory duties, e.g. maintaining a good working atmosphere and encouraging team spirit, ensuring good time keeping, dealing with grievances and
problems and seeing that work is done correctly.
• Be willing to undertake training relevant to the role, including annual safeguarding training.
• Maintaining the closest possible communications with the Office Manager and staff of the school and ensuring an up-to-date knowledge of the needs which will arise in connection with planned activities in the school.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Applications be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon 28/01/2022
Interview date: 04/02/2022
Shipston on Stour Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.