Salary: Grade 8 £27,041- £31,346 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
As a local authority we are constantly looking at how we change, transform and improve our public services to deliver the greatest value for the citizens of Staffordshire. The Change Team not only supports the delivery of key projects and programmes for the organisation, but also develops the change leaders of the future. An exciting development opportunity for a Change Officer has been created within our team.
And that’s where you come in!
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our vibrant, fast paced and supportive team. You will be a focused and dynamic individual with the ability to work across the council with stakeholders at all levels.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
- A desire to help people improve the way that they work
- A positive “can do” attitude with an ability to motivate others
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to be open, friendly, and flexible
- Confidence to work under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Desire and commitment to develop yourself and to seize opportunities to push yourself further
As long as you’re curious and passionate about changing things for the better and improving positive outcomes for communities and residents of Staffordshire then we can teach you the rest – you’ll have an informal and formal learning and development pathway and a support network to help you develop on your change journey.
These roles are suited to people who are naturally curious – big picture thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, perfect for graduates looking for that first step in the public sector, or for professionals looking to explore a new career path. If you enjoy analysing, managing and influencing, whether that’s information or people, and you like to challenge thinking and the way things are done, this route could be a good match for you.
If this sounds like a good match to your skills, we look forward to hearing from you. In return we can offer you an exciting and diverse role which is rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and gives you access to professional development in a large, dynamic and supportive change team.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 2nd February 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 17th February and Friday 18th February 2022
For more information about the role please contact:
Kirsty Alldread: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07988 611345
Megan Rodgers: email@example.com or 07966229050
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts