Support Workers (Exmoor Drive)
Support Worker – Exmoor Drive residential Care Home
Location; Bromsgrove Worcestershire
Salary; £18,562 to £18,933 (Pro Rata) + £250 one-off welcome payment for new starters if they join the team between December and February Welcome payments are subject to eligibility criteria.
£9.62 – £9.81 per hours
Additional Pay Enhancements for working 22:00 to 06:00, Sundays and bank holidays.
Hours; 14, 21 or 28 hour contract available. There is some negation on which weekday shifts you work. It is subject to change however we presently run 7 hour shifts of 07:30-14:30, 08:00-15:00 and 15:00-22:00.
Also, there are 35hour senior support worker posts available £20,984 to £23,167 per annum.
We provide residential accommodation and support for up to 12 individuals with a range of conditions including learning disability, dementia, mental health, and physical disability. We are looking for support workers to join our team. We want people who can:
- Support individuals with their physical and social care needs. This will include supporting individuals to wash, use the toilet, have meaningful contact with friends and relatives, attend appointments, be as independent as possible in daily aspects of living, maintain hobbies interests and access the community.
- Following care plans and other guidance
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of the care you provide
- Making and responding to observations in people changing care needs – sometimes in emergency situations
- Attend handover, meetings and training and follow instructions
- Promote values in dignity, privacy, independence, respect, opportunity
As you’ll be supporting people with personal care activities, we’ll provide you with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and weekly Covid-19 testing.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Career, development and qualification opportunities
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a number of restaurants, shops and gym membership
And much more!
Applications can be submitted online or by sending a copy of your up to date CV and an expression of interest detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for the post (2 sides A4 max) to: email@example.com
This role is in a CQC registered care home. Anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption. Those shortlisted for interview will be required to show confirmation they have received 2 doses of the vaccine or are medically exempt.
Interview date: The manager will review applications weekly, and invite after this.