Wraparound Care Assistant - St Peter’s (VC) C of E First School
Wraparound Care Assistant
The Governors and Headteacher are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person who would like to join our friendly and hardworking team as Wrap Around Care Assistant at St Peter’s (VC) C of E First School, part of the Woodland’s Federation. This is a new and exciting opportunity for somebody wishing to join our progressive school and team. Working in partnership with our existing supervisors in the Federation to ensure excellent quality and continuity of provision.
The successful candidate will assist in the supervision of children during the sessions to ensure the general safety, welfare and behaviour management of children during their period of care. You will be responsible assisting with the successful running of the wrap around care provisions in the school ensuring all of our children have an enjoyable experience. You will assist with the planning, organisation and implement a variety of activities (sporting, academic, play) with the children and will also support and assist with breakfast and snack provision. The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic and have previous experience of working with children in a similar setting.
We are looking for someone who:
• Knowledge and understanding of the provision of care of children in the wrap around care environment.
• An NVQ in childcare or relevant suitable equivalent qualification.
• Experience of working in an educational context (e.g. school, nursery care)
• Can form positive and caring relationships with children which motivates them to learn, grow and be confident.
• Is kind, friendly and understanding
• The ability to work collaboratively with parents, carers, colleagues and third parties.
• Is a good team player who is willing to contribute to the ethos and wider community of the Woodland’s Federation
• Is able to act on their own initiative
What we can offer:
- An opportunity to work with a dedicated team of staff where you will be respected and your work will be valued.
- Caring, warm and friendly schools, well supported by Governors and Parents.
- Further professional development including supported qualification achievement if required
The Woodlands Federation and St Peter’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and required to provide 2 suitable references.
Our Federation is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity.
To find out more about the post and The Woodlands Federation please ask to speak to Mrs Mel Hill (Federation Office Manager) or Mr Jason Gathercole (Executive Headteacher): Tel- 01283820252
For application details visit our website at https://www.st-peters-marchington.org.uk/homepage
The closing date for applications is 26.01.22, please return completed application forms to email@example.com candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted for interview by 31.01.22. Please assume that if you have not heard from us by that date that, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 07.02.22 and will consist of an interview including some short scenarios.