Recruitment Business Lead - Adult Social Care Market
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesOur Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
We are currently recruiting a Recruitment Business Lead to join our Adult Social Care team, on an initial 12 month fixed term basis.
In this role you will work with our external care providers to recommend and support recruitment to their teams ensuring the providers gain maximum benefit from the recruitment and selection products and services supplied and that are available.
This is new position in which you will provide advice guidance and support to Adult Social Care Providers on best practice and innovation in and during the recruitment process including methods and techniques.
You will promote the Council’s Gold, Silver, Bronze recruitment package to Adult Social Care providers facilitating take up and revenue to the Council.
You will provide advice to the Adult Social Care market on the optimal job advertising mix, including job boards, careers pages and social networks.
You will work in partnership with external care providers to ensure that a high-quality candidates experience is delivered throughout the full lifecycle of recruitment.
This is an opportunity for an experienced recruitment professional to really add value and make a difference, to lead, guide and support our external providers and promote the support that Coventry City Council can provide across various recruitment methods.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with our external care providers to support the recruitment of a permanent workforce and support wider resilience for their homes.
- Promotion and business development of Coventry City Council Recruitment Team’s commercial offering for external care providers to support the providers will full recruitment, advertising, attraction and selection.
- Working with and supporting external care providers, you will lead on the recruitment of Social Care workers and other posts within Adult Social Care that are hard to reach.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).Who are we looking for?
In order to be successful in the role it is essential that you have experience within a recruitment setting, ideally within the Adult Social Care environment
You will be commercially focused with good negotiating, business development and influencing skills with a proactive approach to your work and the ambition and drive to promote and develop our external recruitment support for providers.
You will have knowledge and understanding of the importance of infection control infection control in relation to staffing and workforce with up to date expert knowledge a of the relevant registration relating to recruitment and retention and the challenges faced across Adult Social Care.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to advise, recommend and support key stakeholders in workforce planning, recruitment and retention strategies.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks