Pre School Assistant
Scale 4, Point 7-11
35 hours per week (Mon to Fri 8.30-4pm) -
Required From: 31st January 2022 - Temp until 31/08/2022 in the first instance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Pre-school Assistant at Fladbury CE First School Preschool.
Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly skilled Pre-school Assistant who is able to work under the direction of the Early Years Leader and team to guide and support children aged between 2 years and 9 months and 4 years old at the beginning of their learning journey.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Early Years practitioner with GCSE Maths/English at Grade 4/Grade C or above. Your work will involve being an integral part of the preschool team in delivering high quality early learning through play.
Main Responsibilities of the Pre-school Assistant
- Alongside the pre-school team, take responsibility for planning and delivering learning opportunities with groups and individuals within preschool in line with the requirements of the new EYFS framework, supported by the EYFS leader
- Alongside the pre-school team, take responsibility for the monitoring and assessment of children within preschool, supported by the EYFS leader
- Alongside the preschool team, organise the learning environment and develop classroom resources where required, including displays within the classroom and the wider school
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships with pupils and parents/carers
- Encourage, motivate and promote inclusion within the pre-school and wider school community
Visits to school are warmly welcomed subject to current covid-19 restrictions in school and compliance with school control measures as per our School Covid-19 Risk Assessment. Please contact the school on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Fladbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced criminal record check DBS, formerly CRB, medical clearance and suitable references.
Applications to be received by email only to the office email address using the Local Authority Non-Teaching Appointment Application Form
Applications close: 21st January 2022
Interview date: 26th January 2022