Teacher of Computing and BTECs in Digital & Creative Media & Enterprise - Sir Graham Balfour School
Teacher of Computing and BTECs in Digital and Creative Media and Enterprise
Full time, permanent post
Sir Graham Balfour Main Scale (actual salary £25,714 – £36,961)
NB: A TLR 2.1 (£2,873) is available for a suitably qualified and experienced teacher capable of taking on additional responsibility
Required asap or from Easter 2022
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Teacher of Computing and BTECs in Digital and Creative Media and Enterprise to join the Computing Department, which sits within the Mathematics Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The successful applicant will have the ability to successfully and effectively teach Computing in Key Stages 3 and 4, with the possibility of A Level teaching for those suitably qualified to do so. The post also includes the teaching of BTEC courses to Year 10 and 11 as outlined above.
The faculty is at an exciting point in its development and enjoying considerable success in public exams at all levels. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, inspirational professional to help lead the faculty and Computing through the next exciting phase of its development.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever-growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first-rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
The closing date for applications is: 1.30 pm on Friday 21st January. Please return completed applications to email@example.com
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Monday 24th January and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 24th January; will include a tour around the school, delivery of a lesson and interviews for the short-listed candidates. Details of the lesson to be taught will be sent out at the shortlisting stage.