Teaching Assistant (TA2)
TA2 (SCP 5-6)
17hrs 30 minutes per week - £7,812.00 - £7,968.00 per annum
28hrs 55 minutes per week - £12,910.00 – £13,168.00 per annum
Starting Salary - £12,910.00 per annum (28 hrs 55 minutes per week)
Flexible Hours Contract, Term Time Only + TED Days
Minimum 17 Hrs 30 minutes per week
Maximum 28 hrs 55 minutes per week
(Initially working 28hrs 55 minutes per week)
Our school is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our friendly, dedicated and hard working team.
The role will initially be based in Early Years. However, in future may be reallocated to KS1 or KS2. The successful candidate will need to:
- Work closely with the other staff to provide an inviting and stimulating learning environment for the children.
- Support children in their learning through high quality interactions in their play and also through the activities planned by the teacher.
- Make regular observations and share these as part of the ongoing assessment of children’s learning.
- Build good relationships with parents which will support strong home-school links
We have very high expectations, always striving to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for each child. The successful candidate will possess the following:
- an appropriate NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification and a good level of English (spoken and written) and Maths.
- recent experience of working in an Early Years’ setting with 3-5 yr olds.
- have some knowledge and understanding of pupils’ different learning needs.
- be able to work in partnership with teachers to provide an excellent learning environment within the classroom.
- able to work as part of a team but also independently if required.
- have proven skills in positive behaviour management.
- have excellent organisational skills
- have a positive, calm manner, be adaptable and have a good sense of humour!
Oak Hill First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We undertake clear procedures to ensure that all staff appointed to the school are suitable to work with young people and we are committed to promoting equal opportunities. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Prospective candidates are warmly welcomed to visit our school.
Please call the school office to arrange an appointment.
For further details and an application form, please contact the school on 01527 528523 or email Mrs M Harrison (School Business Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications: Wednesday 19th January 2022 @ 9am
Interviews will take place, week beginning: Monday 24th January 2022