Senior Practitioner - Mental Health
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesOur Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join our Dementia Service in Coventry
Due to our services expanding through additional investment, we a have vacancy for:
A Senior Practitioner based in our Dementia Team at Longford Primary Care Centre.
Coventry is a growing, culturally and ethnically diverse city. We are at the heart of the busy and industrial West Midlands and yet surrounded by rural Warwickshire and minutes from the countryside. Being the current City of Culture, we are well served by extensive road and rail networks making Coventry easily accessible from most parts of the country.
The Arden Memory Service in Coventry is a specialist multi-disciplinary team focusing on the needs of people living with the effects of cognitive impairment and dementia. The Team is an Integrated Practice Unit (IPU) and provides specialist assessments and interventions embracing the Care Act, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and protection of human rights and civil liberties.
We work to a model embracing self-directed care, utilising strengths-based approaches, co-production and promoting independence. The team is multi-disciplinary, incorporating Community Mental Health Nurses, Approved Mental Health Professionals, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Support Workers and clerical staff. The service is age-independent and works across all areas of Coventry.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Practitioner who is also an Approved Mental Health Professional who has:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Working knowledge of and application of MHA, MCA, the Care Act and Children’s Act and protection of human rights.
- Ability to deliver high quality professional supervision.
- Organisational, recording and workload management skills
- Diplomacy, negotiating, listening skills.
- Ability to work in partnership with people, carers and colleagues, co-producing and securing positive outcomes for people.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Autonomy and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop personal home treatment plans.
- Good IT skills.
- A vision for your own career development and future training needs.
- A proactive, creative, resilient and flexible approach to work, stamina and a great sense of humour!
In return you will:
- Be welcomed in joining a highly professional and thoroughly hard working, friendly team.
- Receive regular peer group and individual professional supervision from the Team Manager and our AMHP Lead.
- Receive excellent in house and external training opportunities.
- Be offered excellent career and development opportunities.
- Experience opportunities to attend and present at various professional forums including our Pre-Court Legal Panel and Approved Mental Health Professional forum.
- Be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, leave entitlement and benefits package.
The post carries a salary of between £37890 to £44863. Your main duties will include the professional governance of the Social Workers within the team, contributing to the AMHP Duty Rota both as an AMHP and Duty Senior, scrutinising applications for Community Care purchasing under The Care Act, chairing Best Interest Assessment meetings and helping oversee Safeguarding enquiries/investigations.
For an informal discussion regarding the post please contact Simon McGarry - firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks