Breakfast and After School Club Manager
Breakfast and After School Club Manager Required at Veritas Primary Academy
Post: Breakfast and After School Club Manager
Hours: 16.25 hours a week, 2.45pm-6.00pm (possibility of additional hours to oversee Breakfast Club provision to be discussed at interview), Term Time Only (38 weeks + 5 Inset Days)
Salary: NJC pay scale point 9-15, FTE salary £20,903-£23,541 (pro rata annual salary £7,793-£8,776)
Start Date: February 22
Are you looking to forge a career within a pioneering and values-driven family of schools? Do you want to belong to a national professional learning community, with opportunities for growth, development and career progression? Are you driven to enable all children to succeed? If so, this role could be for you!
Veritas Primary Academy is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, innovative and passionate Breakfast and After School Club Manager to join our Extended Services team on our remarkable journey in contributing to the achievement of our vision to ensuring all children reach their full potential.
Veritas Primary Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 4 to 11 years old that opened its doors in September 2015. We are a very friendly school where children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We aim to provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set high standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
Potential candidates should have experience working in an education setting and a relevant Level 3 childcare qualification or above.
Candidates should also:
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Recognises that the quality of the Extended Services provision has an impact on learning and on pupils’ attitude to school
- Takes pride in providing enjoyable activities for pupils
- Works well within a team
- Displays initiative and ability to work independently
- Is enthusiastic and dynamic
- Is reliable with a sense of commitment
- Have the ability to deal in a calm and confident manner with behavioural issues
- Is confidential in liaising directly with parents in a professional manner
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards within a school setting including medical needs, security etc.
- Have a willingness to promote the ethos of the school
- Be able to develop a planned program of activities each half term, varying these to suit the age, needs and preferences of the children
- Develop activities to ensure that they have value in supporting the National Curriculum and EYFS, supporting the development of social skills and appropriate behaviours.
- Liaise with other Breakfast and After School Club staff to share activities and skills and widen the range of activities available to the club
- Assist with the setting out and cleaning up of the club equipment.
- Carry out administrative duties in line with the club’s agreed procedures i.e. attendance registers, accident reporting, organising/monitoring of training for staff within Breakfast and After School Club
- Maintain confidentiality at all times. Keep records appropriate to the service
- To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, following the school’s child protection and safeguarding procedures
If you feel that you would like to be part of a school in Stafford that is committed to excellence, we would like to hear from you. We would like to hear from anyone who feels they can motivate, inspire and challenge pupils to achieve their very best and want to be a memorable chapter of the children’s learning story.
How to apply: Application packs can be found on our school website- www.veritasprimaryacademy.com
Closing Date: Completed applications should be received by no later than 12pm on Tuesday 18th January 2022
By Post to: Lucy Henderson, Veritas Primary Academy, Weston Road, Stafford, ST18 0FL
Or by Email: email@example.com
REAch2 Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete an online Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
Interview Date and Task Completion: TBC
Veritas Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references