Teaching Assistant - Sir Graham Balfour School
1 day left
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
37.00 hours per week
SGB Grade 4, Term Time Only (scale point 5 - 6: £16,697 – £17,030)
Required asap to August 2022
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Teaching Assistant who will join our highly professional and dedicated team under the management of the SENCO. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to upholding the ethos and values of our school; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The appointed person will work primarily with a student who has an EHCP. Should the EHCP review in summer 2022 prove successful, then this post may be extended further.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
Further details including the application form are available from the school website: www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.jobsonline.stoke.gov.uk and www.wmjobs.co.uk websites. For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 11.00 am on Friday 21st January 2022. Please return completed applications to email@example.com
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Monday 24th January and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place week commencing 24th January; will include a tour around the school, discussion with the SENCO and interviews for the short-listed candidates.