3 days left
Provides a full administrative service and clerical support to the Student Services office. Work is governed by established processes/procedures and without close supervision, other than that provided through working arrangements, methods and procedures. Overall guidance and supervision will be from a senior member of staff (normally admin).
- Process and record Student attendance information, including exclusions
- Maintain confidential Student/Pupil records
- Manage manual and computerised MIS systems
- Handle incoming email and distribute appropriately
- Administer late and pass-out slips to Students
- Undertake routine clerical activities /duties as required and completing routine forms.
- Prepare documents and registers for distribution
- To maintain accurate and up to date attendance/lateness records both manually and electronically and to ensure ongoing monitoring of attendance for all children to promote good attendance across the school
- Administer a daily attendance and punctuality check each morning and follow up the daily absences by telephone or other means including checking the school answerphone for absence messages and record appropriately on SIMS
- Process and record children who arrive late, and leave during the school day
- Process applications for any leave/special absence of children in liaison with the Senior Leaders and Head teacher
- Monitoring of COVID absences and reporting to SLT/Teachers
- To ensure full records are kept and filed appropriately
- To prepare relevant attendance certificates for individual pupils via SIMS reporting
- Liaise with parents to notify of sick Student
- Cover other areas of Student Service department in cases of staff absence
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of all children and young people. The post holder has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all staff, children and young people and to be committed to promoting diversity and inclusion.