Art and Technology Technician
Grade & Hours
TLT Grades E – F Point 4 – 7 (£18,933 - £20,092 FTE)
Actual salary £17,438 - £18,505
Term Time Plus 3 weeks
8am-4pm Monday to Thursday, 8am-3.30pm Friday
Grace Academy Coventry
The Art & Design Technology Technician is responsible for assisting with practical support to teaching and learning in the Art, Food, Design and Technology department.
To prepare materials and equipment for all lessons within the department as requested by teaching staff
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of materials, apparatus and other equipment as requested by teaching staff in time to resolve any problems or eliminate uncertainty.
- Be available during practical lessons to deal with requests/problems to enable the lessons to run smoothly and assist as required in the classroom environment and support staff and students.
- Ensure equipment and materials are returned to the workshop at the end of the lesson and checked for state of repair and working order. Remove faulty or broken equipment and list it for either repair or replacement & disposal.
- Implement and maintain an effective system of stock control for both equipment and materials that can identify shortages and evoke appropriate action.
- Ensure any stock items are ordered in a timely manner with the Finance department
Devise and operate a systematic storage system for all equipment and materials that can be operated easily and effectively by the technical team and teaching staff.
Take responsibility for the checking of the classrooms at the end of the day to ensure that nothing has been left lying around and all machinery and equipment has been turned off and items are locked away securely.
- To assist in the maintaining of appropriate health and safety standards in all areas of the departments and prepare for health and safety audits when arranged
Ensure the safe control, storage, use and disposal of chemicals and materials in line with the guidelines issued by the Department for Health, CLEAPS and the HSE.
Facilitate the repair, by self or by others, of all basic equipment and ensure that all electrical equipment is PAT tested on an annual basis.
- Undertake training relevant to the role as required, including first aid, equipment usage and health and safety awareness.
- With the support of the Site Manager, organise any repair and/or maintenance of equipment with the departments and ensure all equipment is in good working order.
- To check and empty extraction systems on a regular basis
Maintain a comprehensive and up to date filing system for lesson resources, requisition sheets and other key documents in use by the faculty.
Maintain a list of texts book given out to individual pupils and implement a system to facilitate their return at the end of the course of study.Complete administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying and laminating
Ensure all health and safety files and paperwork are stored appropriately and accessible when required
To prioritise in given situations, arranging or responding to events in order of precedence.
Carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by the Head of Department
Qualifications and Key Skills
- To maintain high standards of professional behaviour towards colleagues and students
- To interact with and support the direct learning of students
- To lead by example and follow the Academy’s polices and procedures
- To carry out all duties in a friendly, helpful and professional manner
- To have a flexible approach to the role
- To support the Academy’s aims and be involved in all aspects of Academy life
- Appropriate qualification and experience in one or more areas of Technology and Art.
- To have particular regard to health and safety matters in accordance with Academy policy and statutory requirements