Level 2 EHCP Teaching Assistant
Hales Valley Multi Academy Trust is a primary academy trust, based in Dudley, West Midlands. We currently consist of five very different primary schools, ensuring that our Trust is a diverse and exciting place to work and learn.
We put our children at the heart of everything we do and are dedicated to providing them with an enriching curriculum, underpinned by our overall commitment to high standards across the board.
We value our staff and ensure that they are well supported and trained. We have a continual professional development guarantee that provides a clear career pathway of training and opportunities for all staff at all levels.
Our family of schools work closely together, ensuring that staff and children benefit from sharing the excellent practice that exists across the Trust. Our schools are well supported by the Local Governing Committees, the Board of Directors and the Trust Central team.
We believe that we are stronger together – all schools sharing capacity, resources and expertise. We believe that collaboration is fundamental to providing the best learning opportunities through a meaningful curriculum where children and adults acquire the knowledge, skills and positive attitudes to prepare and strengthen them for their role in society: today, tomorrow and in the future. We support and care for each other, especially when things go wrong; we are a family.
This role provides you with an opportunity to join our family to improve outcomes for children. If you are interested in finding out more please do get in touch – we would be very happy to meet with you!
The Role 1:1 Teaching Assistant (EHCP)
HVT Vacancy Reference: HVT 0276
We are seeking to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work with a child supported by an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) from January 2022. This is a fixed term position of limited duration to support a named child whilst they are a pupil at this school.
You will work 32.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday), 39 weeks per year. You will be appointed on Grade 3, SCP 3 to SCP 4. Your annual actual salary range £14,012 - £14,292.
The primary purpose of a 1-1 support Teaching Assistant is to work with and support an identified child. You will need to assist teaching staff in the planning, review and delivery of the curriculum and to assist in pupil health, safety and welfare and emotional and behavioural support. The role requires a good knowledge of current practices, including phonics, a positive approach, a willingness to learn and a desire to be part of an effective team.
- Have a desire to further develop their skills
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Provide support in delivering high quality childcare and education
- Promote high expectations and support pupil engagement with learning
- Support the classroom teacher with their responsibility for the development and education process.
- Work in respectful partnership with parents/carers when supporting children in their learning and development
- Have a sound knowledge of behaviour management and SEND
- Be approachable and resilient
- Have experience of working with children with SEND needs (desirable)
We can offer you:
- Hard working colleagues and support staff who are passionate about what they do
- A leadership team whose focus is on improving outcomes for our children
- Children who value learning and supportive parents
- An ethos of valuing staff and their Professional Development
- A stimulating learning environment which is conducive to learning
- As part of the Trust, a strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, through its people strategy, and a wide range of benefits which include the local government pension scheme, free parking, Employee Assistant Programme and an employee discount.
For more information about this exciting role please view the Job Description linked to this advert.
All applicants will need to complete and return an application form/monitoring form to Paula Evans via email email@example.com
- Closing Date: See Advert
- Shortlisting: TBC
- Interviews: TBC
Hales Valley Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: