Reception Class Teacher with TLR (responsibility for EYFS Lead) - Old Hill Primary
Old Hill Primary School & Nursery starting after Easter Monday 25th April 2022 - subject to satisfactory clearance checks
Do you want to spend more time teaching and interacting with children and less time on data collection and written assessment?
We are looking to appoint a practitioner who is experienced and confident in Early Years excellence. Someone who thinks deeply about the needs of the children they teach and the journey that they can take them on. Someone who values child interactions, laughter, play, structure and teamwork.
We are an ambitious, high-performing school with the results to prove it. But what data can’t show is the real care our staff give to all our children. We see care as having high expectations; nurturing our pupils; rules and routines. This is what makes our pupils feel safe and achieve so well. We do what’s right for the children in our context, no matter their background. If you have a strong commitment to leading a team and delivering high standards of teaching and learning in EYFS, then we would love to hear from you.
It is desirable that you have experience of working within Sandwell or a borough of similar diversity.
- be passionate about making a difference to the lives of our pupils, both academically and emotionally
- take responsibility and accountability for the management and organisation of our EYFS.
- be an excellent classroom practitioner, modelling effective teaching and learning within EYFS
- have a keen interest in developing our Early Years curriculum
- be eager to develop your own practice further
- become an important member of our strong leadership team
- have a sense of humour (teaching’s tough, so we need to be able to laugh at ourselves!)
- have a lifeVisit Dates Available:
- outside school
We can offer:
- a friendly, supportive shoulder
- high quality professional development based on evidence and research
- sensible and trusting, evidence-based systems that consider ways of reducing workload
- experienced, intelligent and friendly staff
- a real work-life balance
- 30 little humans who are just waiting for you to enrich their lives!
We’re a small, one-form- entry school with a family feel and welcoming staff. Please do give us a visit so that you can get a sense of what we’re like. Please contact our Business Manager, Kylie Raybould, on 01384 569213 to make an appointment
Thursday 13th January - 2.00pm & 4.00pm
Wednesday 19th January - 10.00am
Thursday 20th January – 4.00pm
Monday 24th January – 10.00am
Tuesday 25th January – 4.00pm
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) clearance is required for this role.
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Application packs are available directly from the school or via email to email@example.com or alternatively you can download an application form below.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox incase any correspondence has been delivered there.
Please return application forms either by email or post.
HOURS: Full Time
GRADE: Teacher Main Pay Scale to Upper Pay Scale (£24,373 - £40,490 p.a.) with TLR allowance
LOCATION: Old Hill Primary School Lawrence Lane , Cradley Heath, West Midlands B64 6DR
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 27th January 2022 @ 3:30pm
SHORT LISTING DATE: Friday 28th January 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 7th February 2022