Registered Manager - Fostering Service
The Trust are recruiting for a permanent Registered Manager for the Fostering Service, which has been judged as a 'Good' Fostering Service by Ofsted.
Permanent - 37 hours
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children and young people.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their ability to meet the requirements of the role of Registered Manager in accordance with the 2011 Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards for Foster Care.
As a Registered Manager you will:-
- Be responsible for the overall management of the service, ensuring that statutory requirements are met
- Provide supervision to the four Team Managers and the Panel Advisor
- Develop and implement policies and procedures based on statutory guidance to ensure that the service is responsive to the needs of children and carers in Sandwell
- A qualified Social Worker with significant experience in children’s social care, particularly Fostering and Adoption
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage with children, carers and relevant stakeholders
- Ability to write reports for a range of audiences and be able to verbally present these with confidence
- Good understanding of performance management and a commitment to providing a high quality service to children and carers.
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved.
Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career.
Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment.
Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell.
We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. This has manifested itself in the ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’. It’s a dynamic strategy, with a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts.
We’re passionate about improving the lives and outcomes of children, young people and families through robust multi-agency interventions. In addition to excellent career progression opportunities, with a clear and supported development path, we also offer agile working, with flexible and family friendly policies, that have a work/life balance at their core, plus lots, lots more…as you can see below.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you
So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 20th January 2022
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.