Teacher of PE - Ref: TV62221
Teacher of Physical Education, The Streetly Academy
Date posted: Friday 7 January 2022
Closing date: Monday 17 January 2022
Start Date: Summer Term / April 2022 or sooner if available
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Do you love PE and want to share your passion with a new generation? Then this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sporting ethos and innovative use of technology. We make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. Each student and member of staff has a Google Chromebook to enhance our curriculum offer.
We can offer you:
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Excellent professional development / guidance and opportunities to progress through our extensive CPD program
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance.
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- A large and successful sixth form and an opportunity to teach PE at post 16
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for:
- A qualified and enthusiastic team player to deliver girls PE lessons with a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life for your students.
- A teacher who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed.
- A teacher able to develop high quality and well-resourced lessons for the delivery of the subject across all Key Stages.
- An individual capable of working collaboratively to develop effective, creative and innovative teaching and learning strategies across our team.
- A teacher who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions.
- A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
Applications are welcomed from both newly qualified and experienced teachers. The successful applicant will be supported by an excellent department. For ECTs, we provide our highly successful ECT programme where you will train alongside other ECTs. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of teaching. Every member of staff receives the opportunity to complete full Level 1 TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme) training course for 3 days.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive school and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then please visit our website at www.streetly.academy. Last date for receipt of completed applications is midnight on Monday 17 January 2022. Interviews to be held week commencing 31 January 2022.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are each subject to an Enhanced DBS check and prohibition from teaching check.