Teacher of Design and Technology - TV62421
Teacher of Design & Technology, The Streetly Academy
Date posted: Friday 7 January 2022
Closing date: Monday 17 January 2022
Start Date: September 2022
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Do you love teaching Food, Design and Technology and want to share your passion with a new generation? Then this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Excellent professional development / guidance and opportunities to progress through our nationally accredited training programs
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance.
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- A large and successful sixth form
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and Padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
- A qualified and enthusiastic team player who has a passion for food and an ability to bring it to life in the classroom.
- A teacher who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
- A teacher who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
- A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
- A teacher that has the ability to offer another subject, ideally HSC or Child Development – this is desirable but not essential.
Applications are welcomed from both newly qualified and experienced teachers. The successful applicant will be supported by an excellent department. For ECTs, we provide our highly successful ECT programme where you will train alongside other ECTs. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of teaching. Every member of staff receives the opportunity to complete full Level 1 TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme) training course for 3 days.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive school and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then please visit our website at www.streetly.academy. Last date for receipt of completed applications: midnight on Monday, 17th January 2022. Interviews to be held week commencing 31st January 2022.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are each subject to an Enhanced DBS check and prohibition from teaching check.