£20,903 to £27,041 pro rata
Hours per week: 36.5 per week, term time only + 2 weeks
Contract Type: Permanent
Gossey Lane Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 464 2909
Are thoroughness, accuracy, consistency and simplicity your watchwords?
Are you up for a new challenge?
If so, come & join the WHMAT Family
Gossey Lane Academy are looking to appoint a welcoming, professional, experienced Office Manager to provide reception, administration and secretarial support for our busy school office. The position is to start as soon as possible.
Our Ideal candidate will be able to:
- demonstrate previous administrative experience
- communicate effectively with parents, pupils, visitors and staff
- remain calm and positive under pressure
- demonstrate a good working knowledge of a management information system (e.g. SIMS, Arbor)
- be responsible for all aspects of pupil data management and statistical returns, e.g. Admissions, Pupil Census, Free School Meal Administration etc.
- work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- show excellent communication, literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- be reliable
- use initiative to support the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Academy
- be responsible for Schools Meals Records and debt management
What we will offer you:
- a supportive & caring culture linked to our well-being model
- a knowledgeable and friendly team
- opportunities for your own continued professional development, both internally and through collaborative working across WHMAT (funding of CIPD will be considered via apprenticeship levy for the right candidate, subject to successful completion of probation period)
- an innovative appraisal system that focuses on self-reflection and professional growth
- a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, flexible working culture, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users
- access to a range of supportive policies, such as Life leave, Flexible working and Family friendly policies
- access to generous benefits such as pension scheme (LGPS) and sickness allowance
- free on-site parking
This post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration ACT (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 17 January 2022, 9am
Informal chats are warmly welcomed. Please contact Sarah Amin (Headteacher) at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01214642909 to arrange this.
Please apply on line at: https://mynewterm.com/school/Gossey-Lane-Academy/142794/EDV-2022-GLA-36145/Office-Manager
(NB CV’s will not be accepted)
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.