1:1 Teaching Assistant
1:1 KS1 TEACHING ASSISTANT (TA 2)
- Part-time - 27.50 hours per week
- 1:1 support for children with additional needs
- Start date: ASAP
The Governing Body and Headteacher at Pitmaston Primary School are looking to appoint caring, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support children with additional needs across our school.
The role will involve supporting individual pupils with SEND and complex needs.
Ideally we are seeking to employ experienced teaching assistants who have previously worked with SEND pupils. An understanding of the curriculum across the age ranges in a primary school would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for supporting learning and progress, following guidance from staff and external agencies. You will deliver focused provision to specifically meet the needs of the child and will work alongside existing staff. During your day, you may provide some support for other children in the class with additional needs under the guidance of the class teacher. At lunchtimes, you may provide additional support for children when outside.
As an Outstanding large primary school you will be joining a strong team of staff where you will be supported with the help of a mentor and ongoing CPD. You will need to be proactive in your approach, kind and caring and work well as part of a team. We are a THRIVE based school and this ethos runs throughout our school where children and adults respect each other. You will need to be calm and patient, yet consistent and clear in your communication both with the children and parents and carers.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting a child with their learning experiences meeting their individual needs.
- Delivering focused provision and support to enhance and extend children’s learning and progress under the guidance of external agencies and the class teacher
- Support the child to meet their personal targets on their provision maps both for SEND and Individual Behaviour Plans (IBP)
- Personalising resources to ensure they are accessible to the child you are working with.
- Ensure you are clear about intended learning outcomes and how these may be achieved.
- Support the child to ensure they have access to a range of learning opportunities.
- Support the child to develop an understanding of routines and expectations within the class.
- Build a strong relationship with the child and engage them in activities that increase their self-esteem, social skills and understanding of emotions.
The successful candidate will:-
- be an excellent practitioner
- be hardworking, flexible and reliable
- have previous experience working with children with additional needs and/or pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in a primary school
- have knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum
- be a good communicator with at least grade C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- be computer literate to support the child’s personalised learning
- be willing to provide assistance to the class teacher as well as being part of the whole school team
- be willing to help ensure that all children receive rich and stimulating experiences which meet their individual needs.
In return we will offer:
• a warm, caring, supportive and positive working environment, where all staff are valued
• friendly and well-motivated children
• A commitment to staff mental health and wellbeing
• excellent relationships with parents and other stakeholders
• a very attractive school environment with excellent resources
• opportunities for professional development.
Our last Ofsted inspection was in June 2017 where we were described as Outstanding in all areas and we pride ourselves in maintaining these high expectations at all times.
Pitmaston Primary School is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Pitmaston Primary School is recognised as a Worcestershire Works Well Level 1 Organisation, committed to being a mentally healthy workplace.
Please see below the attached documents including an Application Form and our supporting documents. Please submit completed applications to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for a tour.
Pitmaston Primary School, Malvern Road, Worcester, WR2 4ZF
Tel: 01905 423710, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday 17th January 2022 at 12noon.