Civil Enforcement Officer
Title: Civil Enforcement Officer
Hours: 37.00 (to include every Saturday and Sunday)
Salary: 19,698.00 - 21,748.00
Interview date: 28/01/2022
This is a full time position which includes working every Saturday and Sunday. You will be carrying out high visibility patrols across the county when carrying out the council's duties in regards to enforcing the on-street parking regulations and also enforcing the council's car parks. The role also involves routine inspections of disabled persons blue badges. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with people and have the ability and confidence to deal effectively with confrontation. The role involves the post holder patrolling on foot for most of the day outside in all weather conditions with a requirement to work some Bank Holidays and evenings as part of a rota. The post holder will need a full driving licence to be able to travel independently across the county.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com