£19,312 to £19,698 pro-rata (Actual salary = £16,883 to £17,220 per annum)
Hours per week: 36.50 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Fixed term January to August 2022 to undertake duties of another employee temporarily allocated other duties within the school either as a specific task or while a more senior post is vacant, or its occupant is absent (an arrangement commonly known as ‘back-filling’)
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
Telephone Number: 0121 250 5400
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: January 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to join our inspirational and inclusive academy. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Director of Sport to continue development of our sports provision. The successful candidate will have a keen interest and talent in sport and games whilst also having the skills
to undertake some administrative tasks and supervise students in study support sessions. Our school is one of the leading schools in the country. We have a rich history of sport and achieve very high standards in all major sports - rugby, rowing, cricket, hockey, netball, football, as well as tennis, swimming, cross-country and athletics. Global tours
are a strong feature of our sports programme.
This is a full time role during term time with an expectation to get involved in the extra-curricular life of the school and work on some Saturdays.
Duties will include:
• leading and planning lunchtime sports activities
• delivering daily lunchtime sport activities and after school sessions
• assisting the Director of Sport with administrative tasks
• supervise student study support sessions
Do you have:
• 6 months experience coaching hockey, cricket or rugby in a club or work environment
• accomplished communication, planning, time management and organisational skills
• personal commitment to continuous self-development
• the ability to manage student behaviour
• wanting to be part of a warm, outward looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative
• proactive, self-motivated and intuitive
• passionate about sports coaching
• punctual and reliable
• able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English If so, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To arrange a pre-application visit or an informal chat about this new role, please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via email@example.com or by telephone on 0121 250 5400.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: Monday 17 January 2022, 10am
Interview Date: Friday 21 January 2022
Application forms and further details are available from our website at www.bvgs.co.uk . Please note that we do not accept applications by CV.
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, medical and reference checks.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.