Careers Lead & Advisor KS3/KS4
Careers Lead & Advisor KS3/KS4
£32,910 to £35,745 pro-rata Actual salary £29,563 to £32,109 per year (dependent upon experience)
Recruitment allowance available for the right candidate
Hours per week: 36.50 per week, term time + 6 days in August each year
Contract Type: Permanent
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
Telephone Number: 0121 250 5400
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: February 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to join our inspirational and inclusive school. We are seeking to appoint a talented and highly motivated Careers Lead & Advisor to provide a comprehensive careers service in compliance with GATSBY Benchmarks to Key Stage 3 & 4 students. We are an 11-18 selective expanding grammar school with a co-educational
Sixth Form and have a current roll of 1141. We are one of the leading schools in the United Kingdom.
We can offer:
• highly motivated and engaged students
• opportunity for continued professional development
• a friendly and welcoming team
• supportive Leadership Team and working environment
• an active Careers Governor
Do you have:
• the Certificate in Careers Leadership at Level 6 or above
• the Level 6 Qualification in Careers Development/Guidance or willingness to study for it
• 12 months experience of providing careers advice to KS3 & KS4 students
• an excellent working knowledge of the GATSBY benchmarks and the CDI framework
• accomplished planning, time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
• creative, enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
• wanting to be part of a warm, outward looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative
• able to converse at ease with staff, students, parents and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English
If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Informal enquiries and visits are welcome by contacting Michele Wallis, HR Manager via email@example.com or by telephone on 0121 250 5400.
Closing Date: Monday 17 January 2022, 9am
Interviews: Monday 24 January 2022
Application forms and further details are available via our website at www.bvgs.co.uk . Please note that we do not accept applications by CV.
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, verification of qualifications and reference checks.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.