West Park Primary School
Devon Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4BE
Group 2 ISR L15 to L21 (£59,581 - £68,347) Job Ref: LEE6116
Salary negotiable to reflect skills and experience
Required for 1 September, 2022
West Park Primary School is ‘no ordinary primary’, could you be our next inspirational Headteacher?
In preparation for the retirement of our respected and long serving Headteacher, the Governing Board is seeking to appoint a new leader with the vision and energy to build on our successes and achievements. You will be passionately committed to ensure that West Park Primary provides the best possible education to help our pupils to be the best they can be!
What Ofsted says about us:
- pupils are confident, articulate, polite and well behaved
- the school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding
- engagement with parents and carers is exemplary. The comment that “This school is the best thing that has happened to my family’’ summarises the view of many!
- leaders ensure that learning across the curriculum is well planned and reflects pupils’ experiences
- teaching is good across the school
- pupils’ attainment and progress by the end of Key Stage 2 in writing is very strong. This success is noteworthy as a high proportion of pupils speak English as an additional language
- pupils love reading. Most read fluently with good understanding
We can offer you:
- a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted April 2019) which is oversubscribed and with the ambition to become outstanding
- an experienced team of staff with high expectations of themselves, staff, and children and who share the same passion for ensuring that every child achieves their potential at school and beyond
- a vibrant and diverse school community that promotes values of tolerance and respect across all aspects of school life
- a school which has achieved several awards, such as School of Sanctuary status, School Sports Silver Award, Music Mark School and 360-degree Online Safety Mark
- a school in the top 3% of schools in the country for progress in reading, writing and maths in Key Stage 2
- very supportive parents/carers, 100% would recommend our school!
- an experienced Governing Board with a wealth of professional skills
- effective support from the Local Authority, external links to aid learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a well-established school to school collaboration
We want a Headteacher who:
- will empower and inspire the staff and children to be the best they can be!
- is visible, approachable and has the resilience to meet the day-to-day challenges of headship
- has a clear strategic vision coupled with an innovative approach to teaching and learning in order to sustain and continue to build upon the progress in raising standards
- is committed to upholding our ‘School of Sanctuary’ status and embracing it within the school’s ethos and practices
- will continue to demonstrate the school’s commitment to equality and diversity is evident in the way all members of the community are welcomed and supported to succeed
- is able to sustain and further develop the school’s positive relationships with parents and carers and maintain well-established links with other schools
- has personal and professional integrity and is not afraid to challenge to ensure the very best for our children
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to be part of this wonderful school community.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Vanita Kumari, Office Manager on 01902 558238 or by emailing email@example.com for an appointment.
West Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. West Park Primary School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Any application received after the closing date will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE MONDAY 7 FEBRUARY, 2022 AT 9AM
ASSESSMENTS AND INTERVIEWS THURSDAY 3 MARCH AND FRIDAY 4 MARCH, 2022
To apply, visit www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/jobs and e-mail completed application forms to Services4Schools Ltd, HR Consultancy Team via HRC@services4schools.org.uk