Case Manager-NPN/offending background/prison release
The Homelessness Prevention Team provide the statutory safety net for people who are homeless. The team provide advice and assistance in order to help people to secure and maintain housing whilst working with the legislative framework of the 1996 Housing Act.
We are a large and very busy team working with a range of diverse service users.
The work we do is challenging, rewarding and no two days are the same.
Working as part of a team you will prevent homelessness through a variety of activities with a focus upon helping applicants who may have a history of criminal behaviour or offending and who may have spent time in custody.
You will identify support needs and will work with this group to develop and agree a personal housing plan which will assist the service user to take the steps that are required to secure and maintain housing.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Carry your own case load, make homelessness decisions and will manage homelessness cases to conclusion.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of your cases.
- Be proactive and practical, and a problem solver, because you will need to offer solutions to fit each persons individual needs.
- Be able to manage expectations, be confident and clear when giving advice, and at the same time maintain a relationship with your service users to keep them engaged when the options you have may not be the ones your service user prefers.
- Have good interpersonal skills, and need to be able to communicate in a way that can be understood by a range of service users.
- Good grammatical skills are a must because you will have to confirm your advice in writing.
- Have a knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation combined with a working knowledge of welfare benefits.
- Be a good negotiator, someone who can mediate and achieve agreements in situations which may be challenging.
For further details please contact Hayley Rowley - Team Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/