2 days left
Required as soon as possible – 20 hours per week, term time only
Grade 5 (£19,698 - £20,903 per annum FTE, actual salary £9,280.86 - £9,848.61 per annum)
Hours of work: 8.30am – 12.30pm, Monday to Friday
We are seeking to appoint an Inclusion Assistant to support a child with an EHCP in Year 5. The child’s needs are associated with cognitive delay, poor working memory and social and emotional needs. The child has a wonderful personality who tries her hardest most of the time, but on a few occasions needs support with her motivation and emotional needs. She is often very proud of her achievements and thrives in showing her work to other teachers and leaders. She is a delight to work with and we are lucky to have her as a pupil at William MacGregor.
The role will require the successful candidates to be:
- enthusiastic and hardworking, and flexible in their approach
- knowledgeable about the National Curriculum, particularly in Yr5.
- excellent users of the English language both orally and in writing
- aspirational about our children’s progress and success
- an example of personal integrity and professionalism
- autonomous in their work, following all school and ATLP policies, specifically in relation to safeguarding, child protection and confidentiality.
- Have a secure understanding of Emotion Coaching philosophy and techniques and be able to use these to support the emotional needs of the child.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
Please note this contract is temporary and is associated with funding for a specific pupil at the school (details will be given upon appointment) and will cease once the child leaves William MacGregor Primary School, or should the funding not be continued
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 24th January 2022
Date of interview: Thursday 27th January 2022
An application form and job description can be obtained from our website, the school office, or from the ATLP website: www.atlp.org.uk. Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com. Please note we do not accept CV’s, applications will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form.
For enquires about the role please contact the school office, 01827 215600 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, prohibition check, qualifications (where applicable), medical fitness, identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. The ATLP is an equal opportunities employer.