Family Link Worker
Family Links worker
Salary: £21,748 - £25,481 pro rata per annum
We have a vacancy for a part time Family Links workers to join the Family Links Service. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the recently Job Evaluated and re-graded service. This is a dual role, offering variety to the successful candidate. You will provide supervised Family Time for children who are unable to live within their own family and also produce Life Story Books for children with a care plan of adoption.
-You will need to have experience of working with challenging families and be able to act upon your own initiative to safeguard children.
-You will need to have experience of working directly with children and families, including those who may be vulnerable and may have experienced neglect or abuse.
-You will require knowledge of the journey of a child through the care system and be able to translate that into a child friendly language as well as being able to write concise, professional reports suitable to be presented in court as evidence.
-You will need to provide support to vulnerable children, young people and their families, promoting positive relationships whilst decisions are being made regarding the future care plans for children.
- You will need to have excellent observation and communication skills and be able to record and write reports based on your observations. You will also need be fully IT literate and be able to work to tight timescales.
-You will need to have a Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in a relevant field i.e. Child Development, Health, Education, Early Years, Social Work etc. -You will need to be able to work alone and use your own initiative.
-You will need to have a flexible approach to working and be available to work on a rota basis for weekend cover.
-You will need to be able to drive and have access to a car for work purposes as you will be expected to travel throughout the county.
-You will need to be highly motivated and committed to delivering an excellent service to children and families across Herefordshire.
-You will need to be willing to undertake any further training to enhance your skills and work within the Local Authority Policies and Procedures.
Interview date to be confirmed.
For an informal discussion please contact Peggy McKenzie, Sarah Pudge or Charlotte Brant (01432) 260540.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com