Learning Support Assistant - Langley Primary
Langley Primary School is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Learning Support Assistant to work with a pupil 1-1 in Year 2 initially.
The posts will
• Involve working intensively with a pupil who needs support with both their learning (especially speech and language) and social development.
• Have an inclusive approach to working which enables the child to be involved in the life of the class.
• The successful applicant will need to be able to work closely with teachers but be able to use their own initiative to work on the next small step in the child’s learning.
• A working knowledge of speech and language strategies would be helpful, but training will be provided for the right person.
• Experience working with children who have complex learning needs is desirable but not essential. What is essential is a passion to work with the child to develop their academic and social skills to the full degree and a determination to do this even if there are difficulties and setbacks.
• Working one to one with a child is a skilled role that needs patience, commitment and the ability to take pleasure in small steps in learning. You will need to be proactive and think on your feet to support the child.
The school offers a supportive and team orientated environment of staff who are determined that every child will succeed. Support and any training will be provided by an excellent Learning Mentor and Inclusion Manager.
Visits are very welcome. If you would like more information, or to apply for the post please ring the School Office on 0121 552 1744.
27.5 hours per week, term time only, permanent
Band B, SCP 2-4 £18,198-£18,933 pro rata (£9.43-£9.81 per hour) (actual £11,756-£12,231 per annum) plus a Living Wage supplement to £9.50 per hour, payable from 1 April 2021
Langley Primary School, Titford Road, Oldbury, B69 4QB
Monday 24 January 2022 at 3pm