2 days left
Assistant Manager Vacancy
Job Title: Assistant Manager (Registered Children's Home)
Salary: £27,041 - £31,346 plus £3000 Market Forces payment (and additional payments for sleeping in)
Full-Time: 37 Hours
Vale Lodge is a registered children’s home for four young people who have learning disabilities which includes autism. The home has recently been inspected and the judgement form Ofsted is ‘good’ across all areas.
Our home operates 24-hour care with staff working a rota system which will ensure that young people receive consistency and warm care to support in all aspects of their well-being.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Assistant Manager who will be part of the Home's management team to walk this journey with us, to be motivated in putting the needs of our young people first and be ambitious to develop practices and work responsively to support young people in achieving their potential.
The main duty is to support the team in providing a caring, nurturing and loving home environment for our children whilst encouraging independence and choice. You will be expected to lead the team in the absence of the registered manager.
Expectations of this role include:
• You are expected to develop safe, professional supportive and nurturing relationships with the young people.
• You will be inspiring and mentoring team to ensure they are meeting and exceeding the emotional support of young people in our care.
• You will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding and experience of working in a care home setting for children and young people with learning difficulties
• You will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of the regulatory process
• Excellent knowledge of children's homes' legislation and OFSTED standards.
• Children's home Team Leader/Assistant Manager experience in a setting for children with 2 years’ experience (Required).
- The ability to work shifts and sleep in on a rota basis.
• Diploma L3 Residential Childcare/NVQ3 children & young people or equivalent is essential
• Diploma level 5 is desirable however it is essential that the applicant is willing to obtain this qualification.
To apply please send you current CV along with a covering letter of approximately 500 words detailing why you would be suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the Job Description and Job Specification.
Please contact Justine Bishop for further information email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 24/01/2022
Anticipated Interview Date: TBC