Business Support Officer - PA to Social Workers
Roles: Business Support Officer PA to Social Workers
Location: Burton District Office, Grange St Burton on Trent, DE14 2ER
Salary band: Grade 5 - £19,698 to £20,903
Working pattern: Permanent
Business Support is key to the success of our Children’s Services because our Business Support teams are there, making sure things run smoothly, so that our frontline colleagues can deliver for children and families in the community. All that work in the background doesn’t just happen, it takes dedicated colleagues, taking pride in their work and seeing a purpose in the work they are doing.
You will be assisting Social Work colleagues by updating service user records on the IT systems we use. Importantly everything we do in Business Support, will have a positive impact on people across Staffordshire.
Business Support Officer (PA to Social Worker) – Grade 5 – 18.5 hours permanent working Wednesday 13:00 – 17:00 Thursday and Friday all day
The primary aim of this role is to provide dedicated administrative support to Social Workers enabling them to increase their time with children, young people and their families. You will undertake a wide variety of tasks, including the attendance and minuting of meetings.
Across our Business Support roles, the main duties will tend to include:
- Maintaining and monitoring ICT systems including the input and retrieval of data
- Producing high level, accurate documents
- Minute taking at meetings
- Varied administrative and customer care duties
What do we need from you?
Working in Business Support requires teamwork, good organisational skills and a good level of competency using IT systems. You’ll also need:
- Good communication skills because you’ll interact with lots of people across the organisation and externally through phone, in person and email
- A flexible approach to work as sometimes things can change, and so you’ll need to be able to prioritise work and sometimes change tasks quickly
- A passion to always give the best service
But it’s important to note that if you’re unsure whether your experience or skills are suitable please get in touch with the recruiting manager email@example.com and we can give you a bit more information.
Our offer to you
Our people are central to everything we do and so we’ll make sure you’re well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress. And it’s worth noting that lots of us have worked with Staffordshire for many, many years and we stay because our work gives us pride and purpose.
Here’s a reminder of just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days leave per year
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Within your application in the ‘supporting information’ section please also tell us which of the available roles you are interested in being considered for. If you don’t tell us, don’t worry we’ll consider you for all vacancies.
If you do have any technical issues whilst trying to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 20th January 2022
Interview date: ASAP following closing date
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.